There once was this old farmer who had an old wise donkey. One day the farmer was working on his crops with his donkey, when all of a sudden the donkey fell down a well.
The Farmer said, “Oh my, how am I going to get my poor donkey out of this well?” After many hours of trying to get his donkey out of the well, the owner realized that there was nothing else he could do. The owner said a prayer and decided it would be best to bury his old and wise donkey friend.
So the farmer went and got a shovel and began putting dirt down the well to bury his old friend. The Donkey looked up as the dirt came down hitting him on the shoulders and his face. The donkey could do nothing but shake the dirt off and move his feet.
The farmer got one shovel full of dirt after another… more and more dirt/problems kept hitting the donkey in his face and on his shoulders. Yet all the donkey did was shake it off and step up.
Hours went by as more and more dirt kept hitting the donkey. Yet, the donkey didn’t cry nor complain. The only thing the donkey did, was shake it off and step up. As time went by, the donkey got closer and closer to the top of the well and eventually was able to walk right out!
What can we learn from this old wise donkey…. That when problems happen, don’t feel sorry for yourself. Shake It Off And Step Up!
This week remember the donkey. When things get hard, just shake it off and step up… PERSERVERE!
- MVP Taekwondo
- Rochelle Park, NJ / Bergen County, United States
- Serving Men, Women, Children and Families in the Communities of the Rochelle Park, Saddle Brook, Maywood, Paramus, Elmwood Park, Fair Lawn, Lodi, Hackensack, Hasbrouck Heights, Wallington, Garfield, River Edge, and surrounding towns with the benefits of Taekwondo, Self Defense, Thai Kickboxing, Submission Grappling, Cage Fitness and Personal Protection.
- 1+3+10 = Anger Management
- Moral IQ Tip
- What do you all think about this touchy subject?
- 2011 SUMMER SAFETY TIPS – SUN AND WATER SAFETY
- Teaching Persevernace
- How Parents Can Talk to Their Children about the L...
- The Donkey Story
- Check Up From The Neck Up: Mental Toughness Mindse...
- Fear makes the world go around.
- ▼ July (9)